Sunday, June 5

drum roll please!

AMOS KIRK MCALLISTER
7 lbs 7oz  20 in.
I was so excited to go to work, because Catharine had said she was getting induced on Sat.
41 weeks huge, that little boy needed to come outta there!
But theeeeen, I got a text that said her water broke!!!
HOW FLIPPIN EXCITING?!?!!?!!!
I was talking to one of the nurses and she said that maybe 10% of women get to have their water broken naturally.  Most of the time it just does not break on it's own.
Although weird, that has got to be the coolest feeling.  Now things have officially started!!  
When I saw this on the board at work, I about died of butterflies. I've been waiting to see her name here for a long while :)

WHOOT WHOOT!
She started out at a 5, 0 station, and com effaced.
Pwerfect!

Then around 3:25 she was a 7!!!
That was where the board stopped being updated haha.  I know I seem like a crazy stalker woman, but this is important stuff!! 
 I hope she'll appreciate me  for it later, and not just roll her eyes; )

Then I was about to go off shift and she text me and said that she was 
COMPLETELY dialated! COMPLETELY effaced!
She was ready to PUSH!!
I made signs to decorate their room with. 
I think everyone should have signs, but especially these two.

and of course as always her text said how grateful she was, that her body did what it needed to do, and grateful for everything.   She is such an example.! 

Then I get this picture. AWWWWWWW! Can you see how handsome he is??
He's so perfect :)

And then I got to take care of my beautiful friend!!!  Although most stuff was done, it was good to be able to take a walk with her, and talk and hear how it felt, and happened...and goodness. we can create! such a gift from God. And that he entrusted us to be able to have this gift.  Our bodies are seriously so amazing.  To handle another being growing inside them for 9 months, and then to give birth to amazing little miracles? 
Straight from Heavenly Father. 
Perfect.
Divine.
Heavenly.

It's funny. I've never had anyone close to me be pregnant.  someone that I was truly friends with, not just acquaintances.  
So it was amazing to see this woman go for 9 months carryin this baby of hers.
...feeling him kick...watching the love grow in his mom and dad...watching the nsy be set up...seeing her read books to be knowledgeable on how to care for a newborn and make her body the healthiest oven for her little one...
and then, to see him? To know that this little guy was inside her? for all those nine months? 
It was amazing to realize that.  
I felt so privileged to be sorta part of it.  
and that I'm going to be able to have a baby of my own one day, and to have her be there with me through that as well.


I hope I get lucky enough to be called Aunt Chelsey :)
I love you Cat and Kirk!  
Congratulations on creating the perfect little man, and finally getting to hold him. :)
I will be bringing you over a present sometime in the near future.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...