Thursday, July 21

I love to see the temple

On July 15, 2011 I became an endowed member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. <3

What a great blessing!  I was planning on going through the temple in St. George. I wanted all my friends to be there since I don't have hardly any family that can go in the temple, and I LOVE the STG temple, and I had made up my mind when I first started thinking about a mission.  But a week or so before I left for Florida for vacation, I thought again that I should go through the Orlando temple while we're down there so that my grandparents don't have to fly back out here.  ( I had thought of this idea before but hadn't wanted to, so I had forgotten about it.) So I call my bishop, and he said that the stake president wouldn't give me my recommend until I actually had my call.  (this was before I got my call, obviously. ;) ) Well we had this big plan. . . my step grandma was going to overnight my call to me if it came while we were gone, and the bishop/stake president said that they would ship me a temple recommend if that did happen.  It was going to be an epic project haha. But my call came the day before we left!  And that night I got in with my bishop AND stake president (so blessed) and I officially held my recommend. 
It was so amazing just to have it in my hands. Then, I actually got to go through.  And feel the peace everyone talks about is there. The still, meek, comforting feeling.  That is the Lord's house on earth.  I promised, and was promised many things, most of which I don't remember, (TONS of information), but I can't wait to go back and feel all of that again. 



2 comments:

Courtney B said...

Chels!! That's amazing! I'm so so happy for you!! I love the Temple so much :) I'm so excited for you and all the experiences you'll be having :)
Love ya Chels!

Alisha Bowling said...

How exciting! I remember the feeling of going through the temple for the first time, and I've made it a point to keep that feeling with me each time I go since then. What an amazing experience, I'm so happy for you!! You truly deserve all the happiness you are feeling right now! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...