Thursday, June 2

.your mission in life is now.

"He, will not fail you."
Have you ever just come across something and seriously felt like it was written for you, right now, exactly what you need to hear, sent from God himself? Even though it was written a year ago??

The next article I read, did exactly that.
Your Mission in Life is Now.

~for a little season.
         -the pioneers went to Kirtland, knowing that they would only be there for a little season.
         -D&C 51:16-17
         -I don't think they peered endlessly into the unknown, wondering where they would go next and when.
            they acted "as for years" trusting that their work would not be in vain.
~A mission every day
         -my mission in life was not waiting for me in the vague and distant future, it was daily and ongoing.
         -our missions will last as long as we're alive.
         -found a way to recognize it.
                     -a unique set of personal gifts.
                     -a unique set of personal challenges
                      -specific needs in the world that the Lord wants me to respond to.
         -we fufill our mission when these three elements intersect and we choose to act.
~Be still and know  {see! there it is again! I seriously need to learn this principle.}
            -she finally recognized that her life had unfolded in every way her patriartichal blessing had said. but
                not because she knew what she was doing.  had some twists and turns but she didn't need to worry
            -the Lord always knew where I was and where He wanted me to go.  live the commandments, serve,
              and listen to the spirit.  Although she couldn't discern it at the time, His hand was always guiding my
              life.
             -Greater confidence comes when we learn to rely on the Lord's ability to bring about His purposes       for our life-- day by day. then we are better able to "be still, and know that [He is] God." And i so doing, we experience peace.

I know that I will find out what my mission for my life is.  I just can't keep beating it over my head with a baseball bat.  Or else I won't grow, I won't be happy, which is what He wants for us. What He DIED for us for.  My Savior loves me, and I know that because of my obedience, and my willingness to do whatever He wants me to do, His plan and purpose for me will reveal itself.  He loves me too much to not let it happen. But this is where that ultimate faith "that I know everything will work out" comes into play.  I pray for the strength. 

"He, will not fail you."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...