Wednesday, September 28

Quality, not Quantity

          My best friend, Kayci, and I hardly ever see each other.  We were together for two years in high school, but we were both SUPER busy, and I actually don't remember hanging out that much outside of school.  But then I moved for her senior year, and then I came back, she moved etc. etc.  It's amazing though, that our relationship only gets better, and we can see each other and it's like we never left.  I love that about us. We truly just get each other.  So when we do see each other, it is packed with fun things, and we laugh so hard, and forget about the world for awhile.

          This month she is moving to LA!  I can't wait till I get back from my mission to just spend lots of time there with her.  But she still had a lot of her stuff in Salt Lake, and her old car (she just bought a new one) was there and she needed to at least get it down to St. George to my house.  The plan was to drive up there together, and then we each drive one car home.  But I worked Saturday night, and Monday night.
 So commence the less than 24 hr road trip to Salt Lake and epic drive home :)

First pic of the trip!  I changed my face .25 secs before I took the picture so my mouth looks a little funny.  But isn't she GORGEOUS!

Haha so we're just drivin along, coming up on Beaver, UT, and the sign says #1 tasting water.  I've seen this sign I don't know how many times, and never have stopped to see if it's true! Sooo we did.  We thought there might be a stream or something, but didn't see any.  So we went into the bathroom thinking maybe the tap water? Yah, didn't work either. Oh well, we tried right? haha.



Have you guys ever looked at an Urban Outfitters magazine? Well if you haven't, you aren't missing out on much. Anywho, the models in there were in the weirdest poses, along with some pretty weird outfits.  This was Kc and our friend Cory trying to imitate.

Next we went to the PIE, which is the pizza place from heaven, seriously.  Kc and I have tons of memories there.  It's always a must when we are in SLC together.
 The walls are covered in writings of everyone that has passed through.  This was one from last year :)

 And ours. I can't believe it's still there, a lot of them get written over.



Um, did I mention I love this girl??


Then we decided to dance in the parking lot. This is awkward high school dancing reenactment.


This was just fun :)





they can't stop being models.



Haha classic..engagement pic?? lol. either way it shows our friendship. We laugh A LOT.

The ride home was very eventful. Her old car is really old and couldn't go over 65.  So the four hour drive from Salt Lake took us 7 hrs, with only a couple pit stops.  I have never had so many semis pass me.  But we kept in touch the whole ride, and it seriously was so much fun.  I couldn't have asked for a better 24 hrs with my sister.


I'm really going to miss her.  Even though we've been apart for almost our entire relationship it will be hard to not just drop a text whenever I want.

<3


1 comment:

Emma Frances said...

How fun!! I love all of the pictures! And I know that the Urban Outfitters poses are SO WEIRD! I love that they reenacted them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...