Thursday, May 19

What to Live For

I know it's been awhile.  My paper journal has gotten a little more love, but I just can't seem to remember to upload photos and so I haven't written on here yet.
But i'm working EKG tonight, and just blog stalkin, and found this amazing quote by an amazing lady, who I really need to read more up on.


"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley

This really made me stop and think.
What do I want to do in my life? What goals and attributions make me, me?
I want to be like Sister Hinckley.  I try not to get caught up in the worldly things. yah I want to look nice etc..but sometimes it gets in the way.  I hope I can remember to think more of others, and truly give my life to them, which in turn, I'm giving my life to my Savior.  Those thoughts just bring me the greatest joy!! Seriously.  Serving makes me so happy. Making other smile, brings out the best in me.  I hope I can continue to do that.

--and P.S. I  want to learn how to make a really cute blog haha.  I feel like my blogs are just kinda borin.  hmm..  Let the blog stalkin continue! Man I'm pathetic lol.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...