Saturday, April 16

Last post about him..

It's amazing how many people are getting engaged, and how I used to be one of those ha, and how once your not, just how many people it is.  The Lord has such a different plan for us than we do for ourselves, no matter how righteous our plans/aspirations are.
Can I just say a little bit about Marshall, and I promise it will be the last, I just need to get it out.
He was amazing. Noone ever in my life had made me grow, yet do it in such a loving way as he did.
He always made me smile.
Even though he wasn't romantic as much as I wanted him to be, now that we're not together, I can like vividly remember all the times he was, and just how sweet and simple they were.
He loved the gospel.
He willingly served a mission, and rocked at it all the way.
He loved his mom, and it was really evident.
He always told me, everything will be ok. That statement is so true, and I used to think it was just a cop out for people who didn't have anything else to say, but now it is so comforting.
He always made people laugh. He was always the head of the party.
He was very confident.  Sometimes he ran on the edge of cocky, but never crossed it.
He loved me unconditionally.

I could go on and on, but i won't.  I know that if Heavenly Father gave me him...he will not give me someone less...and I can't even imagine what more could be like.  And if it's just not marsh's and i's time? Well then watch out people, because if we do get together again, it will be the best thing ever.  I've definitely learned to never take anything for granted in a relationship, because you never know when it will be taken away from you. We had our problems, and looking back now, I can see where this is for the best, at least a little. I hope I can still be blessed with the full knowledge of why later though.  but learn from your past experiences, and NEVER take anything for granted.  Say I love you too many times..and never stop showing each other how much you care, even if it's out of your comfort zone.  The five love languages are so true.
I can really say that I loved Marshall Lee Cox with all my heart, and he honestly was my best friend.  He was the best thing that has ever happened to me up to this point, and I wouldn't trade anything, (even our short engagement) for the world. If we're not supposed to be together, I pray that he finds the best girl out there.  And I pray she realizes what she has :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...