Tuesday, August 30

Yes, going on a mission has made me more fashionable :)

Last weekend my mom and I traveled to Orem to the Sister Missionary Mall to find my mission clothes..( i Leave in SIX weeks! aH!) I was having a hard time finding longer, cute skirts, and from snooping, I realized that this place actually had cute stuff!  I also met the most ADORABLE girl who helped me to yes, become more fashionable on my mission. 
 *Wait!!*, 
aren't sister missionaries only supposed to dress in dark colors with frumpy vests and suit jackets with no cuteness at all?  

That's what I thought at least.  
WRONG!
The handbook says pretty much that you can wear whatever you want as long as it's modest.  The skirts just have to be covering your knees when sitting and standing, and not revealing up top at all, and a little longer on the sleeves than a short cap sleeve.  

As awesome as this is, there are so many options!!  I had picked out a couple things before we went up north but we definitely hit the jack pot.  They had some cute stuff, and with the help of some cute girls that worked there I seriously feel so good about my wardrobe.  

I've never been one for scarves, or belts, or high heels or anything like that. I mean, I don't feel like I dress frumpy or anything, but I guess I'm just not confident enough to pull those things off.  But going on my mission has made me change my mind about those things.  I want to be more fashionable, and wear those things and know I can pull them off just like any other girl. And after trying on a few things, I can!  I have never felt more cute in my life.  

As I was looking in the mirror after trying on one outfit, I was telling the girl how I want to be more stylish, and a mission is making me do that. 
She started laughing and said, 
"I love how a mission is making you more fashionable."   
{referring to how most girls think they are still pretty strict/frumpy on their missions. even with these new rules}
We both laughed.  My mom and I were in there for 4 1/2 hrs.  But I've not had that much fun shopping in a long time.


 Shoes...SOOOOO expensive.  But, if my feet aren't going to hurt for the next year and a half then they're worth it.  they're not tooo bad right?

 Belts like these!  I need a black one, and a cream one I'm thinking?  I have fallen in love with belts, I used to not care for them.

 Here are most of my clothes... I just need a few more blouses!

 All my scarves!  Does anyone know where to get ones that are just for fashion? That hang around your neck loosely but aren't super long?  They're almost a full circle I think, then a scarf.  I would love to know!

Only six more weeks. . . the time seriously could not be going slower.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

dude, can non-missionary girls go to the Sister Missionary Mall? Because WHAT an awesome way to find modest clothes!
About the pancakes, i put the batter in a ziploc then cut off the corner, kind of like how you would ice a cupcake!

Emma Frances said...

This is awesome! You are going to be such a cute missionary! I love that they've changed what sisters can wear and made it so they can actually look good!

My Little Corner Of Love Today said...

what size shoe are you?!? see i used to have this problem where i would where shoes once and then give them away bc i had already worn them and people had seen them. lol i have tons of black and gray in a box taking up space in my garage.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...