Tuesday, June 7

our desires and patience.

"to achieve our eternal destiny; we will desire and work for the qualities required to become an eternal being."

I haven't blogged about it, but I felt a really strong impression on Sunday, with everything that was said, to turn my papers in.  but I'm tired of rushing into decisions. Feeling good about something, and then going full force, not examining my feelings about it, not truly taking time to ask the Lord. . .
It's been a learning experience these last three months on what I want, what the Lord wants for me, and how to mix those two.
In Elder Oaks talk from conference he said,

"We should remember that righteous desires cannot be superficial, IMPULSIVE, or temporary.  They must be heartfelt, unwavering, and permanent."
I'm pretty sure I did that with my first answer to go on a mission...very impulsive. It was a good righteous desire, but I should have studied it out a bit more, been patient.  I pushed it to the limit.  when I got that answer, it didn't mean right at that second, to be done as soon as possible.  I need to learn patience with God's timetable.  Which brings me to something I found in the Ensign last night.
"...actually when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best-or better than does God.  Or at least we are asserting that our timetable is better than His."
Now this is the clincher. Hold on to your seats.
"We can grow in faith only if we are willing to wait patiently for God's purposes and patterns to unfold in our lives on His timetable."
I know there is a slim line to where you go forward doing some thing with faith, and just keep living righteously, trying to follow the Lord, and let His plan for you unfold. 
I hope I can find that line. 
I feel so at peace right now..
with myself..
with life..
with where I am..
I feel. . .
happy.

That pure joy, peace that comes from my Heavenly Father.
And I feel I have more control over my emotions.
I feel that I'm feeling that faith growing, as I'm just living the commandments and having fun where I'm at in life right now.
I pray, pray, pray I can keep it this way. We'll see what happens with said boy. {see below post}
yay for life.
yay for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
yay for friends.
yay for everything.

While you're living the life you love, don't forget to also
love.the.life.you.live.
muah.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...