Sunday, May 1

My Eternal Family=what I dream of

This morning I went to sacrament, fully intending on bearing my testimony.  I am not nervous in front of people, unless it comes to giving a talk.
Well, the ward always reminds me of Marshall.  Everyone knew we were dating.  I started bawling before I even went  up there. But I said I was going on a mission, and I felt like it eased the tension, that I was feeling between everyone.  
A sister in my ward, who I never thought even really knew I existed gave me a huge hug and said she missed me. It melted my heart.  And a couple others gave me hope.  I am learning so much, about how to be a mom, how to be a wife, and how to be a friend that I can't even explain it. 
How DO people get married so young?
You know NOTHING.
Maybe I'm just a little slower than everyone else.  
Oh well.
I am hopefully going to teach my kids to be not so much like the qualities about myself I wish I could erase.  
But J/M and I went to kellie and Garretts tonight, and had so much fun. Goodness I love being with friends.  I hope I can make my house like that.

Quick story.
I went to a youth conference right before I graduated. We went on a river rafting trip. The drive there was awesome, the trip itself ROCKED, and it couldn't have been more perfect.  The leaders busted their butts to make sure we got everything out of it we could have.  I remember watching all the dads of the kids I looked up to. They were so fun, so full of life, everyone loved them.  I remember being sad about not having a dad. But after watching them I just knew that that's what I wanted for my kids. At the testimony meeting the night before we left, I stood up and said thank you for the example of the men...and it's nice to be around that. Then Sister Cindy Johnson stood up and said to me, "Chelsey you can have that. I thought the same thing when I was younger, and I got one of those men.  You will have one."

Then a little while ago Sister Jayne Cox said, "you can have the family you've always wanted. Because it's in YOUR hands now. You can make it whatever you want.  "

I hope I can give to my kids, all the stuff I never had. I'm grateful for the lessons I've been taught through what I've been through in my life, but I want my kids to have the best. A loving family, who works together, is not afraid to talk to one another, and grows together. These are some of the things I want.

My Future Family

Where my kids are best friends. 

The one everyone wants to come over to. Where all my kids friends, are just like my kids.  


Where we ALWAYS make the best of things, no matter WHAT we're doing.


Where my husband is my OTHER HALF, my BEST FRIEND. My LOVER for ETERNITY.


Instill in my children a love of the scriptures.  Read with my hubby, my children, and for myself.  This is where so many answers and peace are found.


ALWAYS serving. No matter how small the service might seem. 

Make sure my hubby and I never fail to let each other know how important we are to each other, by little dates. Even if it's stuff like this.  


Always tell each other(whole family) how much we care about each other.  It is never enough to just know.  No matter how much your personality doesn't NEED to hear it all the time, it never fails to edify you, and make you feel good.  


Never cease to pray.


Be smart with money. I never want to be in debt for not worthy things, and have that be a huge stressor in our life, even though it will always have the capacity to.  
Pay our tithing, no matter what.


Always make the temple our goal.  At LEAST twice a month, hopefully every week.  Sit on the temple grounds with our kids, and let them know how important it is to us.


These are just a few things.  I can't wait to start my family...but I know I have things to accomplish before I do that.  But I have HOPE that I will have all I've ever wanted, even though I don't know what route it will take.  
I'm so proud to be a part of this church, where families are so important.  I know firsthand how not close a family can be...I never want my kids to go through that.  
Kids, if you ever read this one day. I hope I lived up to my dreams, and made your lives the best I could give you, and all you could have asked for. I hope you pass it on.  I love you. Eternity could never be better than being with you guys. :)

1 comment:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

These are really great goals. My husband said he struggled with dating since his Dad raised them by himself. However, the spirit will help you out and you'll be able to discern things.

I think about the things that hurt with my family probably more often than I should. The wonderful thing is although you don't have control over a lot of things...everything important is really not money related.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...